Code of Conduct
Meeting and Event Code of Conduct
Credit Union National Association and World Council (hereby collectively known as “Hosts”) hold professional conferences and meetings to enable their members to receive continuing education, build professional networks and discover new products and services for professional use. This Meeting & Event Code of Conduct applies during all Hosts’ meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than the Hosts, but held in conjunction with the Hosts’ events, in public or private facilities. The Hosts are committed to providing a productive and welcoming environment for all attendees. The Hosts seek to provide a conference environment in which diverse participants may learn, network and enjoy the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual human respect.
All Hosts’ related individuals, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors/vendors, Hosts’ staff, service providers and others involved in the events, are expected to abide by this code, specifically, to uphold the principles of Integrity, Respect and Responsibility:
- Integrity: acting in an honest and ethical manner;
- Respect: honoring differences in people, ideas, and opinions; and
- Responsibility: accepting ownership for one’s own conduct.
The Hosts are also dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone based on race, religion, citizenship, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristics.
- Harassment may include offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome attention.
- Sexual language or imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including booths, presentations, roundtable discussions, workshops, parties, social media and other online media.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing or inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in harassing or inappropriate behavior, the Hosts may take any action they deems appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you or others are experiencing inappropriate behavior or are being harassed at this conference or any related events, please contact a member of the Hosts’ event team immediately. Our teams will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, or otherwise assist those experiencing the behavior or harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. The Hosts’ staff can be identified by their STAFF badges.